* Recognize the relationship between atrial fibrillation and heart failure
Our Cardiovascular Program
Video: 2013 Medical Mission Trip
Dr. Patel and his team perform 8 charity cardiac catheterization procedures and training for local cardiologist, nurses and engineers.
FICCS has designed a program to provide East African cardiologist with practical experience and intellectual preparation in diagnosis and management of cardiovascular diseases, which are increasingly on the rise in Africa.
The program provides "hands on" experience required by Western Medical Boards and increased awareness of new and innovative technologies.
* Foster new treatment options
* Enhance surgical skills
* Improve diagnosis and management
* Recognize common treatments
* Produce a publications about state of cardiac care in East Africa
* Lab dissection - Pig hearts
* Classroom presentations
* Supervised catheterization procedures
* Workshops, symposiums and lectures
* Supervised cardiovascular consultations
54 consecutive successful cardiac catheterization procedures for poor and needy East Africans since 2010. Trained hundreds of East African cardiologist, nurses, biomedical engineers and students.
Free Heart Surgeries
State of the Art Equipment
The average African cannot afford medical services and suffers in silence. FICCS has provided over 50 free surgeries including donated pacemakers and counseling services.
FICCS donates state of the art medical equipment to needy hospitals and clinics in East Africa. Donations range from baby warmers and medicines to anesthetic machines.